How to invite a user to be added to your Popdock account
Protecting your data is of utmost importance. Therefore, Popdock provides security features that ensure additional users have access only to the data required to do their job. The Account Owner is the default Administrator and the only role with authority to add users to the Popdock account. To protect your data, each individual user added can be assigned access to specific connectors and lists at the Administrator’s discretion.
To invite a user to be added to your Popdock Account:
1. Go to the top right of the application and click on the avatar icon for your profile to access the menu.
2. Then select Account from the drop down.
3. On the Account page, click Users in the left navigation menu.
4. You will see all Users on your account listed. Click on the “+ Add user”.
5. This will open the Invite New Users window. Enter the email or emails of the users you would like to add in the box provided. You can separate multiple emails with a comma, space, or semicolon. You can assign them to a team if you have created one and select it in the drop down. Then identify the role of the new user(s) from the drop-down. The default roles that are created are Developer, Manager, User. Each of these can be renamed and customized to fit your needs, plus more roles can be added. Please click the following link to see our Knowledge Base Article for understanding these roles: “Understanding Popdock Security options for Users, Teams, and Roles“.
6. After entering the email(s), click the “Invite” button. This will send the email invites to the new users asking them to activate their account. Here is an example of the email they will receive:
7. Once the user clicks on the ‘Activate Account’ link, they will be asked to confirm their email, input their name and create a password to verify the account. Once they do so, they can log in to Popdock.