Adding relationships to a list
The following example is how to add a relationship to a list so that two lists sharing identical data fields can be linked together to show more details. Unlike a joined list, a relationship will display the linked data in the show details window at the bottom of the list you are adding the relationship to. If you are working with a custom list, please see this article instead "Adding relationships to a custom list".
Relationships can be with a list from the same connector or a different connector as long as the field you are matching on contains identical data.
1. Select Connectors from the user menu to open the Connectors page.
2. Select the Edit button for the connector that contains the list that you want to add a relationship to. The Edit connector page will be displayed.
3. From the left navigation menu, click on Lists.
4. Locate the list you want to add the relationship to and click the edit button next to that list.
5. From the left navigation menu, click on Relationships.
6. Click on the link to add a relationship.
7. Next you will need to complete the form to add the relationship.
- Give the relationship a name
- Select the connector that contains the list you want the relationship with
- Select the Group and List
- Select the From and To field that contains the identifier that joins the two lists
If the From and To fields are a one to many relationship, the results will only return the first one it finds in the list.
The relationship is now complete and should show in your list of relationships:
And now you can open the list you created the relationship on and see the Show Details section at the bottom where your new relationship will show once you have selected the relationship from the drop down and then highlighting a row.